The heart of our company is our teaching staff. They choose childcare because, through giving students a quality education in a secure and loving environment, they are having a positive impact on the future. Of course, our teachers also find that being with children brings them joy. Does this sound like you?
Childspace is a good place to work for many reasons.
Childspace is committed to low teacher-to-student ratios. Teachers get to know the young learners in their charge as individuals.
Childspace uses the Creative Curriculum© for its curriculum framework. This fun and effective framework meets children where they are. It is hands-on, experiential learning and is easily adapted to the individual learning style of each child.
Childspace’s worker cooperative structure is a visible sign that Childspace values its workforce at every level.
- Worker owners set the company’s policies, ensuring that the company is attuned to employees needs. Ownership is open to all workers who have been employed for a year while working at least half time.
- Employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package unparalleled in the industry that includes: paid lunch, vacation, sick and personal time; retention bonuses and life insurance policies; and comprehensive health insurance and including childcare with low co-pays.
- Childspace is committed to employee development through regular in-service training, CDA certification and supporting staff who to want to advance their college education through the TEACH program at the AA, BA or Master’s level. Childspace supports TEACH program participants with paid release time during work hours to attend classes, it also facilitates access to additional retention bonuses based on college credits completed and semester bonuses. Of Childspace’s current staff, 42% have utilized these career advancement supports to move up in the jobs at Childspace.
- Childspace is an equal opportunity employer.
Childspace is looking to fill the following positions:
- Assistant Director (Mt. Airy)
- On-call substitutes (Mt Airy)—must be available two days a week. Great for students.
- Assistant Teacher (Mt. Airy)—no CDA? Earn CDA while you work!
Click here to email the appropriate center director and request that she email you the employment form.