Teachers always welcome the following donations:
- Family Photos: teachers always appreciate having photos of important people in your child’s life for posting in cubies and prompts during circle time
- Clothes such as: elastic waist pants, long- and short-sleeved shirts, pull-on dresses, underpants and socks that can be used when children have soiled their backup clothes;
- Winter outdoor clothes such as coats; knit hats and gloves
- For infants:
- to-be-frozen teeth soothing items (new or sterilizable)
- free-standing baby bouncers
- baby mobiles for hanging above cribs
- soft balls
- soft rattles
- disposable diapers
- non-allergenic wipes
- For preschoolers:
- gently used riding toys
- gently used board games such as “Candy Land” and “Guess Who”
- gently used wooden puzzles
- For after-school children;
- gently used board games such as “Spot It;” “Monopoly;” “Jenga” “Shoots and Ladders” or “Sequence” (for kids or regular)
Please check with your child’s teacher to learn if there are any specific items that would enhance the upcoming lessons plans.
Inside, padded play-space for older toddlers: The Mt Airy Parent Advisory Committee is asking parents to support Childspace through its “Buy a Tile” campaign, through which we will create a cushioned, resilient foam floor for an inside play space. Each tile costs $25. Please consider purchasing a tile and helping to create a fun, gross motor play space for older toddlers at Childspace.
To make a monetary donation using a credit card, please visit our secure Donate to Childspace by Credit Card page. Thank you.